WYNAND NORTJE, CTO, PILOG GROUP
Mr Wynand Nortje obtained his Industrial Engineering degree from the University of Pretoria, South Africa and furthered his studies with a B.Sc Honnors degree in Operations Research. He has 20 years of experience in the design, development and implementation of data governance solutions with a specific focus on technical frameworks required to affect enterprise data quality for large organizations. He participated in the ISO technical committee’s tasked with the creation of the ISO 8000 standard and provided the strategic roadmap for the practical implementation of the standard in PiLog software frameworks. He is actively researching trends in data digitalization and transformation methodologies. He has a proven track record for delivering large scale complex solutions, passionate on following through to successful conclusions and satisfied customers.
Making the executive decisions with regards to the technological interests of a company. Responsible for outlining of the company’s technological vision and the implementation of technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company’s business needs.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring that the technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivering of IT projects to market.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Master data ontologies and content repositories delivery to PiLog and 3rd party software solutions subscription models
- Data Quality improvement methodologies
- Platform design and methodologies to support Cloud, Hybrid and On-Premise deployments of Multi-Tenant MDM and MDG solutions
- Acted as the technical delivery manager for large, multi-national , multi-lingual and multi-domain implementations of PiLog software for strategic projects.
- Consulted for large organizations in the role of enterprise architect, advisory on ISO 8000 and related standards.